2832 Parkhaven Dr.
Plano, TX 75075
Phone: (469) 752-5400
Fax: (469) 752-5401
Haggard Middle School was named after Clinton S. Haggard. Born in Kentucky in 1838, he came to Texas at the age of eighteen and married Nannie Kate Lunsford in 1859. Together they had nine children. Several of their children were educated at the Three-H Academy, which was located on Haggard property. This private school was organized for the children of the Haggard, Huffman, and Heustis families.
Mr. Haggard had vast land holdings and invested in stock, horses, and mules. He fought for the Confederate cause during the Civil War.
The Haggards were very family, friend, and God oriented. They were very involved in and financially supportive of the First Christian Church. In 1906, Mr. Haggard endowed a self-perpetuating scholarship at Johnson Bible College in Kimberlin Heights, Tennessee for youths to enter the Ministry. Many young ministers have been educated from this fund. In addition, he helped organize and support Add-Ran College, which is now Texas Christian University. Several Haggard children attended this school.
Many of his descendents still live in this area and have attended Haggard Middle School.