Plano ISD eSchool...
is committed to providing the best educational experience possible for students. Since the program's inception in 2001, tens of thousands of students from various states and countries have taken online courses with Plano ISD eSchool. The information below may help you understand what to expect as you begin your eSchool experience.
We want you to be successful in mastering the course content as you also learn the skills of managing an online course and effective online communication.
Before You Register...
- If you are enrolled in school, meet or speak with your campus counselor or school contact to ensure that the course/s you are considering will work with your graduation plan.
- Read the Technical Requirements for the course.
- Read the eSchool Policy to be sure that you understand them and are able to adhere to them.
- Be sure that taking an online course is a good option for you and that you are willing to commit the time and work necessary to be successful.
- Remember that a student may be registered for no more than two eSchool courses at a time.
- Remember that a student needing both semesters of a two semester course must register for and successfully complete the first semester before registering for the second semester.
As you Register...
- Register approximately one week before you want to begin your course.
- Be careful to click on the correct course and semester if applicable.
- Be sure that you have a working email account that can handle large file attachments.
- Be sure to enter the email address that you intend to use throughout your course/s on the registration form.
- Proofread your registration form to ensure that all of your information is correct before you submit your registration.
- Check to see if you must purchase any materials for the course. If so, be sure to order materials by the ISBN number listed in the course description, not by the title of the book.
- Check to see what technical requirements are needed for the course; for example, software needed. Then go to the FREE Downloads page to verify that you have the software needed for the course.
Once You Have Registered...
- You will receive an automated registration confirmation notification which includes the registration number.
- The eSchool office will receive your registration and begin processing the registration and setting up your course.
- In as short a time as possible, usually within five business days, you will receive an email from the eSchool office sent to the email address you entered on your registration for the course. Included within that email will be all the information you need to begin your course, as well as, your teacher's name and email address.
- Print, read and keep that information. You may login and begin working on your course with this information.
- If you have not received an email from your assigned teacher within 48 hours of being placed in the course, please email your teacher. Also, check your junk and/or spam email to make sure your teacher's email has not landed in one of these locations.
"...thank you very much for being my online teacher for this semester, despite us never meeting each other in person you still did everything a teacher could..." eSchool student
Working Through Your Course...
Begin working on your course quickly and set up a specific schedule with your teacher for successful completion. Time for your course to be completed will default to the 18 week maximum. It is the student's responsibility to let his/her teacher know if he needs or wants to complete the course in less than 18 weeks. The minimum time to complete an eSchool course is 6 weeks from the start date of the course.
- Remember that you must complete all course assignments, projects, and tests, and earn a passing average in the process in order to earn credit for an online course. You may not "skip" assignments in the course and still earn credit. Turn in your assignments in the order in which they are presented.
- Stay in communication with your teacher by email. Your teacher is your instructional leader.
- Stay on schedule in completing and turning in assignments.
As you complete a unit, email your teacher to request the unit test password. Please allow your teacher time to respond to your request, at least 24 hours. In most courses you can continue working while waiting for unit test passwords.
Technical support is available at:
469-752-8870 Day 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
972-672-8482 Evening 5:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
972-672-8482 Sat. & Sun. 2:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.
Help Desk email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are exceptions for designated closures and holidays. See the Technical Support page for more specific information. You may be prompted to leave a message during peak times. Please leave a message that includes your name, your phone number, the name of your course, your teacher's name, and a description of the problem you are experiencing. With this information, tech support will be able to assist you more efficiently.
- Contact the eSchool office for general questions or information about the courses we offer at 469-752-8894 from 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Monday - Friday
To monitor your course grades.
- Log onto the eSchool Blackboard website, https://pisdeschool.blackboard.com
- Enter your student username and password.
- Click on the name of the course listed in the upper right of the screen or within the Classes tab at the top.
- Click on the Tools button on the left of the screen.
- Click on My Grades button. You may need to scroll to see this button.
Once You Have Completed Your Course...
- Your teacher will send you an email with your final course grade and will notify the eSchool office of that grade.
- The eSchool office will notify you and your home campus, via email with your final grade.
- For students who have earned course credit, the eSchool office will send an official transcript to the home campus.
- Courses that require payment must be paid for before the transcript will be sent.
"I just want to 'Thank You'. ...I truly appreciate you from the bottom of my heart. I will get my diploma this summer because of you." eSchool Student