At Hughston Elementary, our mission is to inspire all students to reach their full potential.
At Hughston, we believe:
- Each child is a valued learner with his/her own strengths and should be actively engaged in a caring, nurturing, and safe environment.
- Basic skills, critical thinking, and effective communication are the foundations of life-long learning.
- Ethical behavior and personal responsibility are expected of each student.
- Respect for cultural and individual diversity enhances learning and fosters harmony with our global society.
- All children deserve to be challenged with appropriately high expectations through quality instruction, technology, and other relevant resources.
- Self-directed learners are able to collaborate and adapt to new learning opportunities.