The mission of Hughston Elementary School is to create a nurturing environment in which each child is inspired to achieve personal excellence.
At Hughston, we believe that:
- Each child is unique, valuable and important.
- All children have the innate desire and ability to learn given appropriately high expectations, quality instruction, time and resources.
- Caring, nurturing, and success in a safe environment are essential to the educational process.
- Basic skills and critical thinking are the foundations of lifelong learning.
- Respect for others and self, as well as the understanding of cultural and individual differences enhances learning and fosters harmony within our society.
- Morals and values are necessary.
- Student proficiency will improve annually for all students in reading according to their academic potential.
- Student proficiency will improve annually for all students in writing according to their academic goal
- Student proficiency will improve annually for all students in math according to their academic potential
- Student will demonstrate responsible citizenship and good character.
- We will focus our efforts to ensure excellence in our science program.
For more information about Hughston's mission and goals, visit the following site:
Academic Excellence Indicator System (AEIS) Campus Report