1101 Jackson Drive
Plano, TX 75075
Phone: (469) 752-2100
Fax: (469) 752-2101
(Dads of Great Students)
• A nation-wide program by the National Center of Fathering
• Created in 1998 after the Jonesboro, Arkansas middle school shooting tragedy
• A program focusing on safety and education using the positive influence of fathers and father-figures in the school
The participants can be fathers, grandfathers, stepfathers, and/or uncles who have completed the on-line volunteer application found at: http://www.pisd.edu/about.us/partners.volunteers/index.shtml
The participants are asked to spend at least one (1) “half day” as volunteers during the school year, but they are welcome to volunteer as many times as they are available.
Participants will monitor the school property, assisting with arrival or dismissal; work one-on-one or in small groups with flashcards or homework; sports referees; listening ears; reading to classes; and assisting in the cafeteria.
Usually in the early fall, the Jackson WATCH D.O.G.S. coordinator will plan a meeting and explain the program in more detail. At that time, volunteers will have an opportunity to complete the volunteer application if they have not already done so. When approved, the volunteer can select a day to be a WATCH D.O.G. at Jackson.
The day the volunteer is here:
• He will register at the office
• He will receive a schedule of his duties
• He will wear a WATCH D.O.G.S. vest or T-shirt so he can be recognized
• At the end of his duty, he will complete a survey