The mission of the academic support specialist is to provide support to all regular education students in order to level the playing field for them in the classroom.
Academic Specialist / 504 Coordinator
- To provide all students with academic support through Response to Intervention.
- To keep up-to-date records on all students served by academic support.
- To provide individualized accommodations to meet students’ needs.
- To maintain a manual that accounts for all of the position’s responsibilities.
- To acquire and analyze data to increase student achievement.
- To encourage communication between students, parents and teachers.