1717 17th Street
Plano, TX 75074
Phone: (469) 752-8300
Fax: (469) 752-8301
Location: 1717 17th St. Plano, TX 75075 - Click File Attached Link for Map
Mission Statement: Williams High School is committed to educational excellence which empowers students to meet the challenges of a changing world.
History of T. H. Williams High School
Virtually a landmark in PISD, Williams High School first served as Plano High School when it was built in 1961. That year the school included grades 8 through 12 and the total enrollment was 390 students. Enrollment grew steadily until the 1965/66 school year when it was 653. The following school year, the campus became a grade 9 through 12 school and enrollment dropped to 555. Two years later, Williams became a grade 10 through 12 facility with 627 students. A new senior high school was completed in 1975 leaving the Williams campus with 938 freshmen and sophomores. Enrollment numbers had reached its zenith in the 73-74 school year with 1712 pupils. Enrollment has increased over the years and the current number of students for the 2009-10 school year is 2005 young scholars.
T.H. Williams, principal from 1961-1968, came to the district in 1936 as a math instructor and coach in the old Plano High School (now the Cox Building). He was head coach from 1943 to 1953, leading his teams to several district and state titles. A new Plano High School was built on 17th street in 1961 at a cost of $993,590. This campus was renamed T. H. Williams High School when the new Plano Senior High opened in 1975. Thomas Howard "Bill" Williams (1902-1992) was honored as a teacher, coach, and principal who had given almost five decades of service to educating youths of Collin County.
Williams High School has been under the leadership of:
Barney Newton 1968 -1975 Tom Moore 1975 - 1989 Debbie Saviano 1989 - 1993 Jeff Bailey 1993 - 1997 Dr. Willie Fowlks 1997 - 2003 Sara Bonser 2003 - 2010 Lynn Ojeda 2010 - present
School Mascot: Warrior
Colors: Navy & White